Friends coming over for a cool football match hangout and no time to clean and cook simultaneously? Air Fryer Bratwursts Recipe is on duty to the rescue. Are you craving a snack at 3 at night? Air Fryer Brwursts fill your heart and stomach.
Even a non-cook can whip up the Recipe in a snap of fingers. Unbelievable? See for yourself.
Air Fryer Bratwurst Recipe
- Air Fryer
- 1 Pack Bratwurst uncooked/precooked/frozen
- 2 Nos. Bell Peppers red/green/yellow – washed, deseeded and sliced.
- 1 Nos. Onion red / white
- Dijon Mustard
- Buns/Pita Bread/Chapati Optional
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 350℉/180℃.
- Take the Air FryerBasket out of the Air Fryer. Layer the base of the Basket with Bell Peppers and Onion.
- Next, on top of the Veggie Layer, spread the whole Bratwursts. Do not crumble or slice the Bratwursts. Place the Prepared Basket in the Preheated Air Fryer.
- Cook the Bratwursts for 5-6 minutes. Flip the Bratwursts lightly on their other uncooked side.
- Cook for another 5-6 minutes.
- Remove the Air Fryer Basket from the Air Fryer. Empty the Basket onto a Trivet. Crispy Air Fried Bratwursts are ready to fill your hunger!
- If you have opted for buns/pita bread/chapati, then add the Air Fried Bratwursts to them to make a sandwich. Add the Dijon Mustard to the buns/pita bread/chapati to add the sauce component to it. Enjoy your Sandwiches!
Tips for cooking Bratwurst in Air Fryer
- To get an even flavour and even to cook should be done. Therefore, the Bell Peppers and Onion should be of the same sliced size.
- Among the vegetables, aside from the ones mentioned above, you can also include others—for example, shredded and pickled Sauerkraut, Broccoli, etc.
- Different flavoured Cheeses can also be shredded and sprinkled liberally over the Air Fried Bratwursts immediately after being removed from the Air Fryer and onto the Trivet.
- Other types of meat, like Bacon, are added as a side dish. It increases the meatiness.
- Flipping the Bratwursts at halftime is another act that results in a uniform flavour profile.
- Placing a parchment paper/aluminium foil into the empty Air Fryer helps in the easy extraction of Air Fried Bratwursts. Sometimes, the absence of this layer results in the sticking of the Air Fried Bratwursts at the bottom of the Air Fryer, damaging it.
- An easy to use tool that reassures you of perfectly cooked Bratwursts is a Meat Thermometer. The temperature should be 160℉/71℃.
- Be selective of the Air Fryer you choose. Different versions have different cooking temperature variations, leading to unintentional overcooking/undercooking of the Bratwursts.
- If you put a little toast on your sandwich, then you can toss the buns/pita bread/chapati for a minute or two to get that golden brown colour on them.
- A unique advantage to Air Fryer use is you can use it for cooking the pre cooked and frozen Bratwursts, apart from uncooked Bratwursts quickly.
- Leftovers are best reheated in the Air Fryer to the same deliciousness as the freshly cooked ones. And, no stale taste is experienced.
- For a classic themed mood, Johnsonville Bratwursts can be fried.
- If you are a Beer-flavored food fan, then Beer Bratwursts are for you.
Products Best Suited To Use For This Recipe
- For the best Air Fryer
- For the perfectly chopped Bell Peppers and Onion, buy yourself a Chopper
- To make sure the precise temperature has been attained, use a Meat Thermometer
- A Trivet with good heat resistance does not damage the surface on which the hot Bratwursts are placed.
The Goodness of Nutrition
The use of Air Fryer preserves the nutrients, vitamins and minerals of the Bratwursts along with the Vegetables added to it. This is a weighty pro compared to other appliances.
Another significant advantage, especially for the people who are obese, dieting, have cardiovascular diseases, an Air Fryer is the best. Since no oil is used, this is the most appealing appliance both for eating healthy and at the same time fulfilling food fantasies.
Low in carbohydrates and keto-based Air Fried Bratwursts are the ‘it’ food in junk foods for the fitness freaks.
It has a Calorie count of 230 Kcal, hardly contributing to the daily intake of calories, high in Fat from the Bratwursts’ meat.
In trace amounts, the Air Fried Bratwursts have Fiber, Vitamins A&C, Calcium and Iron, though high in Sodium and Potassium.
The Best Air Fryer Bratwurst Recipe leans more on the healthier side of street foods. Hence the consumer can indulge in it guilt-free. Going for seconds or a little more mustard is not that bad.
Love Brats and not a fan of cooking, but want to fill your tummy and get it over with? Then, the Air Fryer for cooking the Bratwursts is your best friend from today.